Lines of Thought

I just realized something - I don't think in straight lines.

Does that even make sense? Well, here's what I mean. I was just thinking about some other writing that I'm tossing around (outlining some personal projects - epic fantasy kind of stuff, you know - normal things that people think about) and I realized that I was also rehearsing a conversation that I just had with my good friend Steve about U2s new album and I thought of something for a sermon three weeks away.

And I realized that I don't think in straight lines.

Lori says I'm a global learner. Lori says stuff like that because she loves me. What she really means is that my mind moves from topic to topic like a hummingbird on caffiene bender. Yup - ADD. That's me.

So right now I only have ten windows open on my computer - I sometimes have 40 windows open. Yes - 40 - four oh - windows. And I jump from one to the other - as I think of something, remember something, need to Goggle something...you get the drill.

'Cause I don't think in straight lines.

But that's okay. Life rarely comes at me in straight lines.

So it's okay. You people who have logical thought patterns, where one thought logically follows after another (you know who you are) - I love you, but I don't understand you.

Oh look, something shiny...

Comments

Aaron said…
How many youth pastors does it take to change a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes?

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic