It left Lexington at 6:49 last night

Okay, this is the email I've been waiting for...




It's so going to be a U2 week for me...

I preordered U2's new album No Line on the Horizon like forever ago - and it shipped yesterday. Better be here tomorrow - in the morning - like with the paper (which is here before the sun comes up - dang it, yes you can get me up before the sun for a new U2 CD).

So, let's see - at 6:49 PM I was probably waxing philosophic about my sordid past with U2's music at our U2charist - so, that's an appropriate time to ship it.
The U2charist was amazing, if you weren't there. We have such amazing musicians and vocalists here - and the three presenters for the missions did a great job, too. All in all, a fantastic night.

I told a friend of mine that I was waiting impatiently for this shipment and he said, "But I was going to buy it for you." Seems he was going to be the first in line and was going to snag two... If this shipment isn't here tomorrow I'm going to wish he had...heh...

I preordered the boxed set - which was way too expensive, but I had gift cards (I also snagged Dante's Divine Comedy with the Gustave Dore woodcut illustrations, three Terry Pratchett movies and a digital pen and tablet so we can doodle in gimpshop)...

Things to do this week:

Set the DVR to record Letterman every night this week (U2 is on every night)
Wait for the mailman
Grab the rest of the U2 bootlegs on U2start.com
Track down the mailman
Listen to my new CD
Burn it to iTunes & put on iPod
Annoy everyone I know with the new U2 songs


Ah...gonna be a great week (better be, after the weekend I've had...but that's another post)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic