Monday Update

Monday update

the weekend that was: And what a weekend it was... Lori's mom came over on Thursday, brought a boatload of empty totes we had been storing at the farm. She stayed over and Friday morning we drove over and reserved the U-Haul trucks for the move. Lori's mom left Friday morning, and my mom came down again and we loaded a few more totes full of winter clothes into her car to take them up north. Friday night I had a wedding rehearsal, which went pretty well. Then Saturday was wedding and I preached at 6:00 service - then we watched the Penguin game (and they won!!). Sunday was crazy - Confirmation Sunday, Mother's day brunch, I led all three services on Sunday, plus Lori and I were in the band Sunday night... And...I asked Lori to run over to Giant Eagle to get the flowers and some gift cards for Sunday night giveaway - but I failed to tell her that it was NOT the Giant Eagle right by the church (why not? you ask - 'cause I messed up when I ordered it...of course...). So, needless to say, I owe Lori big time - she ran all over Bethel Park trying to pick up the stuff that I ordered - was just a few minutes late for worship - then had to jump in and play... it's a good thing she loves me...



where i am at the moment: Sitting at the computer at home - it's 11:29 PM and I'm trying to get this in on Monday...


on my to-do list this week: Of course, the normal stuff - Bible Study, worship - we're tentatively planning some big doings for Pentecost Sunday... At home, Lois Scott dropped off some boxes for us (THANKS LOIS!!) and so we're packing them up, of course. I might make a trip up to Warren Wednesday evening for the coffeehouse meeting. Long drive, though... Tomorrow I double booked both my morning and my afternoon - not sure how I'm going to sort that out...

procrastinating about: Doing my Monday Update, obviously...


book I'm in the midst of: I just can't seem to get excited about Chasing Daylight - I've almost finished the Piers Anthony novel that I've been picking away at early mornings and late nights...but I'm just not in a non-fiction mood right now.


media that seemed to catch my attention this past week: I read the past week's Zits and Baby Blues comics every Monday morning (along with a bunch of blogs and a number of other websites) and I laughed out loud at this one ('cause it's so me):



grand revelations this past week: Well, it's a quote from a long time ago - but it's come up again a lot this week: We can do no great things, only small things with great love.


how i’m feeling about this week: I'm a little apprehensive about this week...oh, and the Penguins lost in overtime tonight...sigh...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic