Pondering...

There's an old saying, "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." It's usually used dergotorily (man, is that right?).

I thought of that because I just washed off the top of a can of Diet Pepsi and as I was drying it I remembered my mom saying that she couldn't figure out what all the black stripes were toward the bottom of my dad's shirts years ago.. (and she sometimes couldn't get them out in the wash). Dad used to wipe off the top of his cans of pop (yeah, it's not soda where I come from) on the tails of his shirts. And, yes, they were always filthy coming out of a pop machine.

There are a bunch of ways I'm like my dad (I could, for example, eat spaghetti just about every night of the week...mmmm) and not all of them are good. But most are.

So, I'm Roger's child. Just like him in so many ways.

And I'm God's child. Am I just like God in so many ways too?

Hmmmm, pondering...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic