Monday Update (on Tuesday)

Monday update

the weekend that was: Yeah, Yeah, it's Tuesday. Yesterday was Memorial Day when we remember people who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country with...um...Barbeque. Okay, really there were some GREAT remembrances yesterday, I think - parades, of course, but NASCAR paused at 3:00 - seriously, they all stopped their cars and shut off their engines...in the middle of the race, for a moment of silence, a silent opening pitch at a baseball game. Lots of great remembrances. I spent too much of it on the road...but I digress (or, actually, I got ahead of myself, so I guess I, um, PROgress...er?)

So - Friday Rachel's school had a "family picnic" for her grade level - so we ate hamburgers and hotdogs outside her school at lunch time then we drove to Kane and stayed with my grandmother. Lori and I went to my dad's grave and my grandfather's grave after dropping Rachel and Elie's at my mom's for the night. Saturday was a trip to Pittsfield to measure some things in the new house and to unload a couple other things (china, for example). Saturday afternoon was our family picnic and as we were getting ready to leave (so we could be home by midnight) Rachel and Elie began to beg to stay. In the end, my aunt gave in and the girls stayed Saturday night with my mom and Sunday night with my aunt. My sister and one of my nephews (Ryan) came down with us and yesterday we traded my sister and Ryan for Rachel and Elie at the Grove City Outlet Mall (about halfway for us and for my brother-in-law who volunteered to bring the girls there). Sunday was great - outside for 11:01 and the AC got fixed for worship Sunday Night in the sanctuary. But just before Sunday Night, Lori got a call from her mom that Lori's sister Sharon was in the hospital - her kidneys were shutting down. So, after church I drove Lori to Blairsville so she could go see her sister in the hospital on Monday. So yesterday was driving to Grove City then to Blairsville then to Bethel Park. Whew... So you know, Sharon is home - but pray for her, there's a lot going on...

where i am at the moment: In my office listening to Andy Stanley ask the most important question...

on my to-do list this week: Okay, I messed Michael up with this last week - because we had the 11:01 service outside (because the gym floor is being refinished) and he thought this past Sunday was Pentecost because we're having BOTH our services outside this week (sorry Michael). So, yeah, praying for the rain to stop so we CAN worship outside this week (we don't want the chairs to sink into the ground...) We were going to spend a chunk of yesterday packing, but we didn't, so I gotta get the basement and garage packed this week... I'll be playing with the worship bands the next two weeks, so I need to practice...

procrastinating about: Yeah - packing...

book I'm in the midst of: Just the Bible

media that seemed to catch my attention this past week: I love this band:


Of course, I kind of LIVED this song... :)

grand revelations this past week: The most important question: Is this wise?

how i’m feeling about this week: To pick up something from a long time ago on this very blog: I feel like an unmade bed...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic