Monday Update

Rainy Days and Mondays…and Rainy Mondays

the weekend that was: Friday my back was killing me so I took some medicine and slept away half the day. Saturday we drove up to Pittsfield to see the new house – which is bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside. We picked out some paint colors and a couple area rugs for the living room and dining room. Had some great chicken barbeque from the Boy Scouts. It was a good day, but a long day – ended up getting home around 11:00… We had come computer issues at 11:01 worship yesterday (used a different laptop to run powerpoint and something happened…). Lori and Rachel and I watched Field of Dreams yesterday afternoon…

where i am at the moment: sitting at my desk in my office (I should probably delete this entry – it’s probably always going to be the same unless I’m on vacation or something…).

on my to-do list this week: If it ever stops raining, I HAVE to mow my grass…ugh… At work it’s business as usual: sermon prep, Bible study, I have staff devotions this week. Lou and I are going to try to check to see if we can have worship outside in the social garden on Pentecost Sunday without interfering with the traditional worship service. We need to get the details of that nailed down, too… I have my first wedding here at Christ church this weekend, so I have to figure out what I’m doing with that… At home, packing, cleaning, homework, the usual…

procrastinating about: staff devotions…

book I'm in the midst of: I keep picking at this book I picked up on a lark, I Hate Myself and Want to Die: The 52 Most Depressing Songs You’ve Ever Heard. I’m stunned that Rainy Days and Mondays isn’t on the list… Anyway, after a couple weeks of plowing through both fiction and non-fiction, I haven’t read much of anything besides the Bible this week…

media that seemed to catch my attention this past week: I’ve been in a VOL mood lately. Listening to “Blister Soul” right now. Great band, great songs – a little moody and whiny…um, a little like me I guess...

grand revelations this past week: We’re finally going to have a house with a porch on it (Lori is really excited about this) and I don’t care… I guess I’m not front-porch people…hmmm…

how i’m feeling about this week: It’s a rainy Monday – and I’m feeling it…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic