Monday Update


Monday update

Yes, I know I missed Thursday Theology last week...

the weekend that was: Another crazy weekend - if only for all the driving. Friday was Elie's class picnic. Lori had to work so I got to take her to this little park a couple miles away. It was a good couple hours with my youngest (though I got exhausted bouncing Elie and Rodrick on the teeter-totter thing). Afternoon was cleaning/packing...bleah. Saturday I had a graveside service in the morning on the North side - Lori and the girls came with and we went from there up to the new house with a couple boxes of breakable stuff (pictures, mostly). We had a nice dinner with a few folks from the area - Lori and I toured The Crossing to see the progress made so far. Home really late...ugh... Sunday was youth Sunday in our 11:01 service - the kids did a great job, band was really on. Sunday night I preached about failing and failure - the evening band was really on, too. Caught up on The Office before bed last night (I'm going to miss "On Demand"...)


where i am at the moment: In my office, sipping my third Diet Pepsi of the day (I should know better than to get up early on Mondays...)



on my to-do list this week: We're going to have worship outside this Sunday morning - and our Pentecost Sunday stuff - urg, I just remembered I have to register for Annual Conference. We've got a half dozen little kids coming to our house tonight - Rachel doesn't have school tomorrow, so they're coming in tonight, we're going to the Incline, then tomorrow the Zoo and the Children's Museum - and tomorrow night I'll be officially kid burned out. Thursday Lori's mom is coming in and we're going to try to catch the new Star Trek movie. And packing. Ugh. More stinkin' packing...


procrastinating about: Right now, virtually everything...



book I'm in the midst of: Nothing, really. Still pick up the occasional entry in I Hate Myself and Want to Die: The 52 Most Depressing Songs You've Ever Heard. I wonder if I should modify this with "What I'm Reading Now" - 'cause I just discovered the 11 Points blog (which is a total waste of time, but who's counting? BTW - today's picture is from the interview with a cartoonist I had never heard of...but just added to my list of cartoons to check out - "One Big Happy") and I read up on the discography of Rush this week - heck, I was just reading Act 5 of Shakespeare's MacBeth this morning. Turns out, books are probalby 20% of my reading time right now, maybe less actually...sad? Probably. Still, Chasing Daylight is on the list of "gotta get to before I move"...so I'll keep it here, I guess...



media that seemed to catch my attention this past week: Been in a Rush state of mind lately - re-appreciating their songwriting - there's something about Prog-Rock that I like - but only the accessible prog-rock bands... Frankly, I'm not sure I like their super keyboard heavy albums all that much, either... Never mind trying to understand what the lyrics mean...

grand revelations this past week: Just read this an hour or so ago, but I like it:


When Christopher Hitchens declares that given the emergence of “the telescope and the microscope” religion “no longer offers an explanation of anything important,” Eagleton replies, “But Christianity was never meant to be an explanation of anything in the first place. It’s rather like saying that thanks to the electric toaster we can forget about Chekhov.”
...“[B]elieving that religion is a botched attempt to explain the world . . . is like seeing ballet as a botched attempt to run for a bus.”
from here


how i’m feeling about this week: Pretty overwhelmed, actually...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic