Comic Commentary Week: 3

click to see all of it*

Ah, snowy morning logic.  We can justify anything when the bed is warm and it's cold outside, right?

I have razor sharp logic in the morning.

No, really, I do.  

Or, I think I do, anyway...

But I can calculate to the nanosecond how long I need to get ready.  I can, in the time it takes to reach for the alarm clock, re-order my morning to cut out all the unnecessary activities (like talking to my family or ironing a shirt - surely there's a less wrinkled shirt somewhere - oh, I know exactly where, and what, and which pants to wear and socks and shoes and what I'll have for breakfast and I'll start the car and take the dog out before I shower so it's thawed by the time I'm ready to go - the car that is, not the dog) - and I reset the alarm for twenty more minutes of sleep and drop back into blissful blackness.

But I almost never do that.  The point is I can do that.  

I used to do it all the time when I was teaching.  I hated my job.  I dreaded going into the school every day.  I would pray for snow days - hope secretly that the school burned down - okay, not really - but that the heat would be out, or the electricity or...ANYTHING so that I didn't have to go in to work.  

Classic signs that you're not where you should be.

And I knew it.

These days, many days, I'm up before my alarm goes off.

Even on cold, snowy days when it would be easier and warmer to just stay in bed.








*I didn't save the date - copyright Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman, no infringement intended

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic