Star Wars Marathon

So I've been thinking about watching all six Star Wars movies (sorry Michael, I know you'll probably stop reading here).

Initially, I thought about just watching them in episode order - I mean that makes sense, right?  One through six.  And maybe that's the best way to watch them since there's no, you, surprises for me.

Of course, it might make sense to watch them in the "as released" order.  Four through six, then one through three.  But that ends on such a downer...

Somebody suggested watching four and five, then one through three as a flashback, then ending with six.  Interesting, but annoying to me - too long a "flashback" - too interrupted a storyline.

Then somebody suggested Episode One and Two, then Four and Five, then Three, Then Six.

That makes a lot of sense to me.  You see the rise of Anakin Skywalker and origin of the Clone Wars.  You meet Obi Wan and set up a lot of the background information.  Then you jump ahead into Episode Four - see that there's a galactic empire, the rebellion, this Luke Skywalker character and Darth Vader (clearly a Sith lord) and then Episode Five - Yoda and the revelation that Vader is Luke's father - then flashback to Episode Three, the fall of Anakin Skywalker and the rise of the Empire - where Darth Vader came from - then Episode Six, the triumph of the Rebellion and the redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

I like it.  It's doable.   Now I just have to slice out 15 hours of my life... :)

Comments

Michael Airgood said…
I explained to one of my classes about my absolute inability to watch all three parts of a trilogy. One of the girls asked, "You've never seen Star Wars?" Then the rest of the class looked at her like she was the crazy one and not me.
Pastor Bill said…
I know I'm waaaaay late in responding, Michael... So, this will be more and more the reality in the years to come. Your generation is split on having seen Star Wars - I don't know HOW split - maybe like mine and a movie like Cool Hand Luke - I had Lori watch it, I love it, many people my age have seen it but many, many have not - she hated it. Too slow, too boring. Star Wars changed a lot about movie making, viewing and releasing - whether you realize it or not - that has nothing to do with the movie itself. And it will always be a part of our culture. Your generation's children - and probably grandchildren - will probably know something about Star Wars like my kids know The Lord of the Rings or whatever from before I was born...

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic