Everybody Lies?

I occasionally watch House.  One of the things he often says - recently anyway - is "Everybody lies."  I guess there's some truth to that.  I mean, I hear little lies all the time, right?  There's lies we tell to make ourselves feel better, to make others feel better, to make an awkward moment, well, less awkward.  There's lies we perpetuate - like the top 40 songs really are the most popular because they are the best right now.*  There are probably huge frauds perpetuated right in front of us that we are blissfully unaware of.  Of which we are, that is.

Someone posted a comment a couple weeks ago.  You can check it out.  It's from this post, "Management Lessons from Star Wars?".  And the comment is a lie.  I mean, an easily verifiable, I can check this with a single click of the mouse so why would you even write that kind of lie.  Huh?  Here's the comment:

Avid follower, huh?  Bear in mind, this blog is called "Here and Now"  Not that hard to remember or figure out.  So I checked his profile and here's what I found:
I considered hiding who he was...but it's easy enough for you to look in the comments and follow the same trail I did...

What the heck?  Why say that?  Um...

Oh well, I guess I DID check out his blog...

Weird...










*I just picked that one randomly.  You could use any subjective area, really.  No, seriously, go ahead.  I don't mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic