Country Music Formula: Revealed!

Sorry about the Tabloid style subject line* there but, yesterday when I was doing my weekly internet catchup surfing, I caught the video below via Stuff Christians Like (which also inspired yesterday's post, by the way).

He talks about how almost all country music follows a formula, and then goes on to describe it - and then sing about it.  Pretty funny stuff, actually...




Anyway, it's not just country music, of course, that has a formula to it - he's really describing all story songs.  It's just that country music is, well, easy to pick on.  I'm pretty sure what he's saying, though, is straight out of How to Write a Hit Song** and Mark Shultz talks about it on one of his live ablums, too.

Doesn't matter.  We love story songs.  True or not, we love the story.  Make us cry, it's okay...

Oh, and do you want to hear the "joke song" that he wrote most of in, like, 5 minutes and finished with Matthew West?  (That's a silly question, I know, of COURSE you do).

Here is "They Danced Alone"***












*No I'm not, really....
**I'm "pretty sure" because, yes, I own the book.  I'm not ashamed.  Well, maybe a little.  I did put this fact in the fine print after all...
***WARNING!! This song has super powers, apparently, to produce tears, sniffles, churning in the pit of the stomach, feelings of happy sadness (whatever that is) and an insatiable desire to hug a puppy...watch at your own risk...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic