A Little or a Lot


So a guy on a blog complains: Which is worse? Having writer's block or having so many ideas come all at once that you'll never be able to do justice to all of them?

To which I say: yes.

They both suck, big time. The truth is, in areas of creativity, the more you do, the more ideas you have. If you're a writer, ideas generate ideas. The blank page is ominous (maybe why it takes me so long to get back to blogging?) but once you start, things pile up.

Or at least they do for me.

One of the few disciplines I have in life is ordering my thoughts. Not perfectly - heh, my head still gets me in lots of situations of falling on my face before God and asking for forgiveness - but disciplining myself to move through ideas - to evaluate new ones as they come and file away the good ones for another time.

See, I CAN do this time management thing.

Sort of.

Anyway, it sort of reminds me of Jesus saying that the one who is trustworthy in a little will be trustworthy with a lot (that'd be Luke 16:10 for those keeping score at home). And so I wonder if there isn't a greater spiritual application to this...

Like, the more I live a life of blessing, the more blessed I'll be? Or...um...that sounds really weird... How about, the more I give myself away, the more of me there will be to give? Hmmm - like some weird Soylent Green thing or something...

Okay - how about this - Steve and I have been talking about this time and again. The more I listen to God and do what He says, the more God will speak to me and give me vision and direction and purpose.

Okay - THAT is the core of what I think I'm thinking about. I can't quite put the rest of it in words...

Soylent Green Is PEOPLE!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic