Old and New...

The remake's on it's way (an obscure reference to an obscure song - you figure it out)***...

Can you tell from the picture what this place is?





It actually is a re-purposed building. Looks pretty majestic






I found this site kind of randomly. It's an old movie theater in Buenos Aires that was going to be destroyed and it is now probably the most ornate bookstore on the planet.

So I was thinking about one of my favorite scriptures:

2 Corinthians 5:17 says:
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

What does that look like? I mean, I still look pretty much the same - so how is God making me a new creation? Is it only a spiritual thing? How is it to be new? Can I be innocent again? Unbroken? Or is it deeper? Is it God making me whole again - but still with the cracks and the chips of experience?

Do I even want to be unbroken again? I am, for better or worse, the sum of all that has happened to me. All the tragedy, all the drama, all the sin - as well as the joy, the dreams, the successes - it's all made me, through the power of the Holy Spirit, who I am.

So...I'm old, but new again...

Yeah, I think I get that. And I think I am. A little the worse for the wear, but valued and loved and forgiven...

Old and new...













*** From the band that should have been way bigger than they were - the song "Escher's World"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic