Worth A Thousand...*

Art is powerful.  Sometimes a song will move me in amazing ways, sometimes an image.  I found a great image painted by the artist James Tissot of Jesus on a mountain alone for a graphic I used and I started looking for more images by Tissot - they're all in the public domain.  Search "James Tissot" Jesus and you'll find he did something like 350 watercolors of the life of Jesus and I don't know how many other works depicting the life of Jesus.

But, for whatever reason, these two  grabbed me, brought tears to my eyes - they're powerful to me - the juxtaposition of what could have been and what was - of what IS - I guess...

Tears in my eyes even as I type this...




Here's a great catalog of Tissot's work.

I'm downloading the paintings slowly, I'll be savoring them, pouring over them, probably crying more...


What has moved you recently?  How has God touched your life recently?






* Or, possibly two thousand, as there's two pictures here...or 350,000 since he painted at least that many...or...well, a lot.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic