Happy To Go Back To School...Again

So again this morning my 8 year old, Elie, was waiting for the bus (normal) and she said, "I really like going to back to school on Mondays."  Really?  I don't remember feeling that way.

Wise, like Yoda, I say, "Why is that?"

"Because it's not too much work, today.  And we get to do science.  I really like science."  Oh yeah, I remember, they studied butterflies again this year* and I figure that's what she's excited about...

"Butterflies, right?"

"No.  We're done with that.  We released our butterflies last week.  We're learning about insects.  Did you know that ants have a queen?"

"Yep."

"And she has wings."

And so the excitement for school goes.  It's partly about learning, partly about socializing.  I know I've said this already recently but it bears repeating.   She loves school - not just because second grade is easy (because it isn't) or because she's brilliant (because she is**) - but because what goes on there and who is there matters to her.

And that should be church, right?

I think I'll explore this a little more next week...***

IS that church?  Does what goes on here matter to you?  Does it matter who is here?  Are you excited when Sunday morning or Wednesday evening rolls around?








*they learned about butterflies last year too
** yeah, I'm biased, get over it - she's really, really smart though
***more internet time travel - I actually wrote this post live - but I'll probably write the followups this week - for next week - because I wrote this week's posts last week - well most of them - some I wrote this week... yeah, it's complicated... welcome to my life :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic