This Is How You Run A Business?


So I just caught wind that the Postal Service is in deep trouble (there's a note here, if you want more depth, you'll have to dig it up yourself). I mean, I knew that it wasn't exactly thriving, but it sounds pretty dire - layoffs, reducing mail delivery to 5 days a week, closing post offices and, of course, raising rates. All because a government run "business" can't move with the market (UPS and FEDEX still seem pretty solvent, though more diversified than before). Don't get me wrong, I don't blame the local people at all - my mail carrier is a great guy who's doing a great job - and I'm thankful that there's a post office in Pittsfield (I was, frankly, surprised that there was - but I'm thankful) and they seem to do a pretty decent job (always friendly when I go in and helpful). But it's a bureaucracy...and that's guaranteed to be inefficient (though not a guarantee that it will fail...just seems to be the case). So, I'm worried about our local people. When they say they need to close doors, it's the small towns, of course, that get shut down - and that's people in my community, in my church, who are affected. And I don't like that at all...

Hmmm, makes me wonder if the government should be doing business at all...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Buzzword Bingo

B C Comic